Let me introduce you to Nick.
No, he’s not a friend of mine. But I know a fair bit about him.
For example, Nick is evidently a highly political animal, judging from his past.
I mean, just look at how impressive his political CV is! In his younger years, Nick (b. 1963) was clearly something of a mover-and-shaker in the world of Thatcher-era Conservative politics…
- Founder member of Macclesfield Young Conservatives
- Key activist in North West Area Young Conservatives
- Chairman of Cheshire Young Conservatives (1982–84)
- Member of Young Conservative National Advisory Committee (1983)
- Vice-Chairman of National Young Conservatives (1985–87)
- Director/Chairman of National Young Conservatives’ anti-CND front organisation ‘Youth for Multilateral Disarmament‘
- President of Oxford University Conservative Association (1985)
- Chairman of National Young Conservatives (1987-88)
But who is Nick?
And what does he do…?
Oxbridge credentials and record of state-serving work for that anti-CND front organisation obvious talent and ability have seen him rise to positions of some prominence in Britain’s national life, by way of various high-profile jobs in state-corporate media.
Yes, Nick is someone you’ve seen and heard hundreds of times — on news and ‘current affairs’ programmes on television and radio.
Fortunately, though, these important media positions are such that they never require Nick to behave ‘impartially’, nor even particularly to disguise — not that anyone could! — the obvious intensity of that partisan allegiance.
And that’s because our friend Nick is, in fact, the unlovely Nick Robinson — former Political Editor of BBC News (2005–2015), and currently a presenter on BBC Radio 4’s
Tory Toady Today Programme.
How splendid that this
shameless Tory propagandist articulate and gifted journalist has found an employer and a role so frictionlessly in agreement with his politics and his personality!
If you’ve enjoyed reading this or another posting, please consider making an anonymised micro-donation in return! Micro-donation — 50p, 50c, whatever — is the way to sponsor the creation of quality content outside the control of corporate-owned and power-serving media structures. To micro-donate to me, with guaranteed anonymity, simply click on the button… Thanks!